Friday, January 13, 2023
LocationASU Kerr Cultural Center (6110 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85253)
ShapingEDU's Open Innovation for Education Network @ ASU
Food Trucks, Lightning Presentations & Lawn Games - oh my!
Open to all ASU staff and faculty working on education futures projects.
Want to meet other folks from the ASU world that are passionate about the future of education? If you like free food, exploring collaboration opportunities and meeting intriguing people - and aren't a fan of working in silos - say YES to a little Friday the 13th afternoon adventure: join us for a gathering of future-focused ASU faculty and staff!
11:30am-12:15pm = Lunch + Lawn Games
12:15-12:45pm = Why We're Here + Guest Speaker
12:45-2:30pm = Lightning Presentations (18 presos x 5 min each, with 5 min break between each 6 sessions)
2:30-3:30pm = Networking
These are just a few of the people you can meet on Friday:
- Zachary Zidek from EdPlus will drop some knowledge about learning engineering
- Sean Leahy will talk about the Learning Futures Collaborative's "Futures of artificial intelligence in education and diversity, equity, and inclusion" project
- Rachel Reed will share info about Universal Learner Courses, ASU’s open scale version of almost 50 foundational courses
- Josh Thompson from the LX team will talk about facilitating student technology access with minimal investment
- Marianna Milkis-Edwards wants to know…What's In Your Pocket? She'll tell us how an ASU digital wallet is creating equitable opportunities for lifelong learners
- Jill Loveall will let us know how the Next Gen Team at ASU Preparatory Academy is implementing student-centered learning in all K-12 classrooms by providing professional development and coaching on blended and personalized models
- Cecalie Fort from Access ASU will discuss all of the amazing resources available for free for our partner school districts in Tempe, Scottsdale, Mesa, Chandler, Peoria, Tolleson and Glendale
- Barnaby Wasson will let us know about ASU's current DEI initiatives
- The Learning Futures team will talk about their current projects
- Diana Hunsley from the Center for Education through Exploration (ETX) will talk to us about the ETX Studio and the services they offer
Not familiar with ASU ShapingEDU? We are a community / co-op / global networked improvement community of over 4,000 education changemakers from around the world – educators, students, education consultants, education futurists and edtech developers. We convene the community to share ideas, explore developments that impact education futures, and work together to create free, sharable resources for the community members to take back to their own communities of practice. In doing so, we aspire to foster meaningful change that will empower lifelong learners to thrive in the digital age. Watch a quick video!