Serious Play Studio
ShapingEDU’s new Serious Play Studio is a virtual learning hub, focused on energizing and empowering teams in and through play, fun, games, creative making, collaborative experiences.
The Serious Play Studio aims to:
- Empower lifelong learners with skills to thrive and lead change in the emerging now
- Model play for learning, community building, creative thinking and innovation
- Equip lifelong learners and organizations with resources and information to drive change for positive social outcomes and learning futures.
- Demonstrate and promote human-centric technology use for learning experiences of the future
- Cultivate joy and build community to energize, empower and support changemakers.
- Serve as a virtual studio – a resource and community center – energizing and enabling teams in and through play, fun, games, creative making, and collaborative experiences.
Black Swan Thinking & Antifragility Program
Drives the application of Black Swan & Antifragile thinking and practice to cultivate positive learning and social outcomes.
- Develop resources for practical application to empower lifelong learners and education practitioners to engage in Black Swan & Antifragile thinking and change leadership.
- Lead interactive experiences and events to promote Black Swan & Antifragile thinking, develop attendee’s skills and understanding, address emerging Black Swan Nesting Grounds, and/or guide organizations in applying these skills in their contexts.
- Engage in the creation of new knowledge and understanding through the application of Black Swan & Antifragile practices in real-world cases.
Interactive Game & Learning Adventure Program
Energizes and empowers lifelong learners and organizations with experiences and resources to leverage interactive games and creative play for innovation and community building.
Intrepid adventurers from ShapingEDU and the Online Learning Consortium have joined forces to champion playful learning and interactive experiences. Join us as we get into and out of some memorable scrapes, learn how to create and leverage gameful and playful adventures for learning at all ages, and have some fun along the way. Gear up for your own quest with practical resources, or energize your team engage in innovation and changemaking activities – and to leverage serious play yourselves. Or gather at the IGLA pub…er, hub…to meet fellow change bringers and swap stories and ideas. And, if you’re looking for adventurers to join your party, we’re here to support you on your journey!
- Develop resources for practical application to empower lifelong learners and education practitioners to engage in purposeful interactive games and playful collaborative experiences.
- Craft and lead interactive experiences and events to model interactive game-based experiences, engage attendees in serious fun and playful learning, and cultivate meaningful community interaction.
- Energize teams to engage in innovation and changemaking activities – and to leverage serious play themselves – through tailored experiences, serious fun, purposeful games, and creative play.
- Serve as a hub for the development and sharing of knowledge- and meaning-making, and community, around gameful and playful learning.
- Play a game! "How To Train Your Dragon Trainer"
Meet the Game Masters
Conductor of Chaos, Serious Play Studio, ASU ShapingEDU
Creative & Experience Designer, Cocreate Higher Education Consulting
Wrangler of the Unknown, Black Swan Thinking & Antifragility Program, Serious Play Studio
Game Master, Interactive Game & Learning Adventure Program, Serious Play Studio
Director of Online Engagement, OLC
Adventure Artist, Serious Play Studio
Graphic Facilitator, ConverSketch
Interested in custom consulting services, game development or resource creation? Let’s chat! email@example.com