ShapingEDU is a community of dreamers, doers and drivers shaping the future of learning in the digital age. We are value-led changemakers who envision positive learning futures and undertake concrete action to bring about those futures, together.
Our Guiding Tenets describe the nature of our community:
- Individuals over affiliations. In a sense, you represent your professional affiliation 24/7. Here, above all else, we value the person you are, and what you uniquely contribute to make education an affordable, ubiquitous, high-quality, rewarding, lifelong adventure. This community learns and grows together.
- Dreaming, doing, and driving. The ShapingEDU community was founded in 2018 on those three intertwined words of action. Separately, they’re strong. In combination, they’re unstoppable. We must dream big, collaborate to bring our visions to life, and nurture every seedling of success.
- Engaging with Learning Futures. Our community shares a passion for envisioning learning futures and engaging with next-generation learning and digital-enabled learning.
Our Values inform everything we do:
- Learner-Centered Everything.
- Inclusivity, Access + Equity.
- Community Collaboration.
Our 10 Actions to Shape the Future of Learning in the Digital Age are broad answers to the question, “How shall we bring about the learning futures we envision?” Each of our initiatives represents a concrete piece of one or more of these 10 Actions.
- Promote Access and Equity
- Connect Education and the Workforce of the Future
- Build Constellations of Innovation
- Recognize All Forms of Learning
- Personalize Learning
- Humanize Learning
- Bolster Intergenerational Leadership for Learning Futures
- Foster Immersive Learning
- Innovate Artificial Intelligence Applications
- Embed Data-Driven Approaches for Student Success
Our Code of Conduct builds on our Values and Guiding Tenets and sets expectations for behavior in ShapingEDU events, activities and spaces. If you exhibit behavior that is derogatory or inappropriate, you will be asked to leave.
- Be respectful. The field of education is a fantastic lightning rod for discourse and debate. Even if you disagree with fellow campers and counselors, please be respectful and tactful. Listen with the goal of openness and compassionate understanding.
- Be empathetic. In social settings, humans are icebergs. It's not readily apparent everything that's going on under the surface. Learning(hu)Man is intended to be a safe space where we connect with each other by sharing our ideas, and sometimes those ideas were born from deeply personal experiences.
- Be free. If you have selected a working session or camp activity and find that it's not resonating with you, you are free to respectfully acknowledge that you may have more to contribute/get out of joining a different activity. This is your right.