Advancing Student Led Learning: A Starter Guide
version 2.0 | 1.23.20, revised 3/9/21
This resource was developed collaboratively through a panel discussion and subsequent working session devoted to exploring ways to put students at the center and support them in their learning journeys and the co-creation of that learning. Through guided discussion, the co-facilitators and participants of this session drafted this resource to help institutional leadership, faculty, staff, and students take action and support flexible learning and student leadership in their contexts, with particular attention to access and equity. This resource was created prior to the COVID-19 pandemic.
This resource begins with case studies from three institutions: Conestoga College, Western Governors University, and Full Sail University.
Authors + Contributors
- Lisa Koster, Conestoga College
- Scot Wyles, Conestoga College
- Elizabeth Aguilar-Barnett, Western Governors University
- Jacob Barham, Western Governors University
- Melissa Clark, Western Governors University
- Holly Ludgate, Full Sail Labs | Full Sail University
- Emily Wray, Full Sail University
- Nancy Rubin, Northwestern Health Sciences College
- Tom Haymes, Houston Community College/Ideaspaces
- Zachary Rubin, American School Foundation of Puebla, Mexico
- Alexandra M. Pickett, Open SUNY, State University of New York
- Ruben Puentedera, Hippasus
- Nicole Stahl, University of Central Florida
- Samantha Becker, Arizona State University
- Laura Geringer, Arizona State University
Interested in continuing the conversation around learner agency and student-led learning? Join the ShapingEDU Student Voices project team.