2:00 p.m. Olympic Village Breakout Session: Automated Mobility and the Future of Cities
| Watch Now
- Ellie Casson | Head of City Policy, Waymo
- Brandon Branham | Assistant City Manager/ CTO, city of Peach Tree Corners (Curiosity Lab)
- Micah Miranda | Economic Development Director, City of Chandler
- Marisa Walker | Arizona Commerce Authority
- Diana Bowman | Arizona State University
- Dominic Papa | Arizona Commerce Authority
For city leaders, industry executives, and residents, automated vehicle technology has long been one of the most fascinating areas within the future-of-mobility space. This continues to be so, but 2020 certainly was a year in which optimistic forecasts had to be scaled back to a certain degree. Yet the underlying logic for automated driving, especially in cities, remains the same. We believe shared AVs can address mobility’s pain points in cities (such as road congestion, crowded parking spaces, and pollution) while revolutionizing urban mobility, making it more affordable, efficient, user-friendly, environment friendly, and available to everyone.
This panel brings together Automated Mobility Leaders across both the private and public sectors. The panel will focus on where the current state of Automated Mobility lies and where 2021 will take us. These leaders will discuss key programs and strategies that will enable cities, industry, and academic research institutions to work together, collaborate, and advance the future of automated mobility in the U.S.
Bonus Smart Region Session